We find that nonprofit organizations frequently underestimate their exposure to risk. Here’s a partial list of potential claims situations that you can talk to your nonprofit clients about.
- Disgruntled Employees
- Fired Employees
- Employees claiming sexual or other types of harassment
- Employees claiming discrimination
- Other public agencies
- Vendors, clients, members, donors and volunteers who visit your premises
- Activities in which volunteers are injured while performing assigned duties
- An auto accident that occurs as a volunteer is doing work for the nonprofit
- Fundraising events, especially ones that offer alcohol
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We’re sure you can think of plenty more, and may even have examples.
If you’re working on a nonprofit account and need some ideas or coverage review, contact us today.
ALTRU, LLC is a Managing General Underwriter that specializes in directors & officers (D&O) and organization liability for non-profit organizations, as well as Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) for a wide range of service firms. ALTRU provides underwriting services on behalf of Old Republic Insurance Company, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best, A+ (Stable) by S&P and A2 (Stable) by Moody's. The team at ALTRU builds solid, professional relationships and delivers a superior level of service to their network of retail insurance agents, which sets them apart from other industry wholesalers.